I had created this decadent moist date dark chocolate cake some time ago and ever since have been meaning to share its recipe on the blog. So here it is today. I can assure you that this easy-to-make cake is here to impress. Wishing you a happy & relaxing baking!
Pistachio coated dark chocolate truffles:
160 g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
4 tbsp double cream
1/4 cup shelled pistachio, finely chopped
Almond coated milk chocolate truffles:
160 g milk chocolate, broken into small pieces
4 tbsp double cream
1/4 cup almonds, finely chopped
To make the pistachio coated dark chocolate truffles:
- Mix the chocolate and double cream in a heat-proof glass bowl placed over a double boiler. Stir the chocolate and cream often till chocolate has completely melted and has well combined with the cream.
- Once chocolate has melted, pour the mixture into a smaller bowl and allow to cool completely at room temperature before refrigerating for about 2 hours. By then, the mixture would be bit firm.
- Take small amounts of the mixture, about a teaspoon, and form them into small balls. Dip the chocolate balls into the chopped pistachio before placing them on a tray covered with baking paper.
- Once you have prepared all the truffles, refrigerate them for about half an hour before serving them. Or you can keep them refrigerated for a few days, in an airtight containers, till ready to serve.
- Allow the truffles to set at room temperature for about 10 minutes before serving them.
- Apply the same steps to make the almond coated milk chocolate truffles. Enjoy!
When it is not a cheesecake, but not a tart either, it has to be a double chocolate cheese tart…and it happens to be quite easy and straightforward to make. Hope you get the chance to try it and share your adventures with me.
For the Recipe
125g butter, cut into small cubes
150g dark chocolate, chopped
150g caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
140g all-purpose flour, sifted
1/2 tsp baking powder
Cheese Cake Topping:
250g cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract
75g caster sugar
100 white chocolate
Preheat oven to 180°C, grease & line the base and sides of a round 20 cm spring cake tin with baking paper.
Start preparing the tart by melting the chocolate and butter in a heat-proof bowl placed on a small pan of simmering (not boiling) water making sure the bowl does not touch the water (double boiler). Stir continuously till chocolate and butter have melted completely and are well combined. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, and using an electric mixer, beat egg, sugar, vanilla extract until creamy and pale in colour. Then stir in the chocolate mixture, followed by the flour & baking powder.
Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, and try to spread it as much equally as possible. Then bake for ten minutes only.
Meanwhile, prepare the topping by melting the white chocolate (use the same double boiler technique used for melting the dark chocolate and butter).
In a medium bowl, and using an electric mixer, beat the cheese, vanilla extract, sugar, and egg until smooth. Then beat in the melted white chocolate.
Pour the topping mixture over the baked base and bake for yet another 15 – 20 minutes. Then leave to cool completely in the oven with door ajar.
Once tart has cooled completely, refrigerate it for a minimum of two hours.
Sprinkle with cocoa powder. And enjoy :))