I had created this decadent moist date dark chocolate cake some time ago and ever since have been meaning to share its recipe on the blog. So here it is today. I can assure you that this easy-to-make cake is here to impress. Wishing you a happy & relaxing baking!
It is December already and I imagine you must be all quite busy wrapping some Christmast presents or attending the endless dinners and parties taking place this beautiful month, but I think you would want to save some time to try this recipe out. Trust me on that!
What can I say, chocolate & sweet spices! Any recipe that brings these beautiful ingredients together will always be on top of the list of my favourite foods. And if you happen to be a fan of chocolat fonadant or truffles, then you will most probably fall head over heels for this one. And not only are thesetruffle cookies straightforward and quite easy to prepare, they also are impressive and elegant, and make for a perfect Christmas treat.
1 tsp vegetarian gelatine
2 tbsp water
250 g mascarpone cheese
120 ml double cream
50 g caster sugar
1 tsp good quality vanilla extract
50 g milk chocolate
50 g dark chocolate
A handful of pistachio, roughly chopped
- Mix the two chocolates and melt them in a heatproof bowl over a double boiler. Leave aside.
- Sprinkle the gelatine over the water in a small heatproof bowl. Stir the gelatine, then stand the bowl in a small pan of simmering water. Keep stirring till gelatine has dissolved completely. Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat the mascarpone cheese, sugar and vanilla using a hand held electronic mixer. Once mixture is smooth, beat in the double cream. Stir in the gelatine followed by the melted chocolate. Stir till mixture well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 4 – 6 small serving cups (I used small oriental tea glasses), then sprinkle with pistachio.
- Refrigerate over night and keep refrigerated till ready to serve.