We all know that bananas and walnuts are two quite different ingredients that work together beautifully. Now, imagine adding the magic of olive oil to them! It is when great food becomes divine. A super easy recipe to a super yummy cake. Enjoy!
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
pinch of salt
3/4 cup walnuts, toasted, & chopped
1/2 cup olive oil
2 very ripe bananas (well mashed)
1/2 – 1 tsp vanilla extract
one extra banana to decorate the cake loaf with (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Butter and flour a rectangle loaf tin.
- Mix all dry ingredient. Mix all wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ones. Mix just till well combined (don’t over mix).
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin and bake for about 45 – 50 minutes or till loaf is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into it comes out clean.
- When out from the oven, allow the banana loaf to cool a bit before moving it onto a wire-rack.
- Serve the freshly baked banana loaf withe tea or coffee and enjoy!