This crazy yet beautiful weather in Dubai calls for some heartwarming food, so why not try this easy and delicious recipe…
Wishing you all a beautiful weekend…
1 cup of green lentils
4 tbsp olive oil
1 medium size onion, halved and sliced
2 – 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp ground coriander
A handful of green sage leaves
2 tbsp brown sugar
3 large carrots, sliced
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
juice of one lemon
salt and pepper according to taste
few extra sage leaves for garnish (optional)
- Wash and drain the lentils before placing them covered with water in a medium sauce pan. Cook over medium heat. Once the water starts to boil, cook the lentils for about ten minutes. Remove from heat and drain the lentils to get rid of excess water. Leave aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for a couple of minutes. Lower heat, and add the garlic, coriander, sage leaves, sugar, and carrots. Stir for a few minutes before adding the lentils and cooking further.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and one cup of water and cook for about 20 minutes further, stirring often.
- Once the lentils have cooked thoroughly, remove the pan from heat. Add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Serve warm garnished with a few fresh sage leaves. Enjoy!