Yummy, healthy and seasonal, this spinach and pumpkin salad is a food that you would want to try soon. So easy to make, this comforting salad will leave you satisfied, till you want more 🙂 Make the best out of this beautiful season produce and try it soon. And let me know what you think.
500 g pumpkin, peeled, cored, and cut into small cubes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp pomegranate molasses
1 medium white onion, halved and thinly sliced
450 g fresh spinach leaves
200 g feta cheese, crumbled
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp tahini paste
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 garlic cloves
salt and pepper, according to taste
1/4 cup cashews
1 tsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Place the pumpkin cubes, along with the two garlic cloves (from the dressing ingredients), onto a large non-stick baking tray, sprinkle with one tablespoon of olive oil and the pomegranate molasses. Mix well and make sure to well spread the pumpkin cubes on the tray. Roast them in the oven for about 25 – 30 minutes, or till the cubes are soft and golden brown coloured.
- Meanwhile, heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Add the sliced onion. Sauté for about 5 – 7 minutes, stirring often. Once the onion has caramelised. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the same frying pan, add the spinach and cook for a few minutes on low to medium heat, till just soft and half way cooked. Remove from the pan and place onto a sieve to drain the spinach of any excess water. Allow to cool.
- Prepare the dressing. Start with peeling the roasted garlic cloves and chopping or crushing them into a paste, using a fork. Now, using a small hand whisk, mix all of the dressing ingredients till you get a smooth and well combined dressing.
- In a medium salad bowl, add the cooked spinach, onions, pumpkins, feta cheese, and the dressing. Mix all ingredients just enough to combine them well.
- Serve the salad in individual small bowls, sprinkled with some cashew and sesame seeds. Enjoy!